LU Xuefeng received a Ph.D in Biochemistry from University of New Mexico in 2005. He then did his postdoctoral research at Stanford University before joining Qingdao Institute of Bioenergy and Bioprocess Technology (QIBEBT), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2008. He is currently a professor and the leader of Microbial Metabolic Engineering Group, the director of Key Laboratory of Biofuels, CAS, and the deputy director-general of QIBEBT, CAS. He is a recipient of the Distinguished Young Scholars of Shandong Province in 2013, the State Council Special Allowance in 2015, the National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars in 2015, the Distinguished Professor of CAS in 2015. He has published over 60 papers in top journals such as Journal of American Chemical Society, Journal of Biological Chemistry, Metabolic Engineering, Biotechnology Advances and Energy & Environmental Sciences. And he has applied for more than 30 patents.
1. Photosynthetic production by cyanobacteria
2. Biosynthesis of natural products in fungi
1. Luan G, Lu X (2018). Tailoring cyanobacterial cell factory for improved industrial properties. Biotechnology Advances, 36(2):430-42.
2. Lou W, Tan X, Song K, Zhang S, Luan G, Li C, et al (2018). A Specific Single Nucleotide Polymorphism in the ATP Synthase Gene Significantly Improves Environmental Stress Tolerance of Synechococcus elongatus PCC 7942. Applied and Environmental Microbiology, 84(18).
3. Huang X, Liang Y, Yang Y, Lu X (2017). Single-step production of the simvastatin precursor monacolin J by engineering of an industrial strain of Aspergillus terreus. Metabolic Engineering, 42:109-14.
4. Bao L, Li J-J, Jia C, Li M, Lu X. (2016). Structure-oriented substrate specificity engineering of aldehyde-deformylating oxygenase towards aldehydes carbon chain length. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 9(185):185.
5. Zhu T, Xie X, Li Z, Tan X, Lu X (2015). Enhancing photosynthetic production of ethylene in genetically engineered Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803. Green Chem, 17(1):421-34.
6. WU W., ZHANG L., YAO L., TAN X., LIU X., LU X. (2015), Genetically assembled fluorescent biosensor for in situ detection of bio-synthesized alkanes, Scientific Reports, 5: 10907.
7. YAO L., QI F. , TAN X., LU X. (2014), Improved production of fatty alcohols in cyanobacteria by metabolic engineering, Biotechnology for Biofuels, 7(1): 94.