|Microbial Metabolic Engineering
| || |
Group Leader: Prof. Dr. LU Xuefeng
Ph.D., 2005, the University of New Mexico;
Postdoctoral, 2005-2008, Stanford University
E-mail: lvxf (AT) qibebt.ac.cn
Photosynthetic production of biofuels and biochemicals by genetically engineering cyanobacteria (ethanol; fatty alcohols; fatty alkanes; fatty acid ethyl esters)
Enzymology and enzymatic engineering for production of biofuels and biochemicals
- Qing Wang, Xuenian Huang, Jingjing Zhang, Xuefeng Lu, Shengying Li and Jian-Jun Li* (2014) Engineering self-sufficient aldehyde deformylating oxygenase fused to alternative electron transfer systems for efficient conversion of aldehydes into alkanes. Chem. Commun. doi: 10.1039/C4CC00591K.
- Huang Xuenian, Lu Xuefeng, and Li Jian-Jun* (2013). Cloning, characterization and application of a glyceraldehyde-3-phosphate dehydrogenase promoter from Aspergillus terreus. Journal of Industrial Microbiology & Biotechnology, doi:10.1007/s10295-013-1385-0.
- Weihua Wang and Xuefeng Lu* Microbial synthesis of alka(e)nes. (2013) frontiers. in Bioengineering and. Biotechnology. 1:10. doi: 10.3389/fbioe.2013.00010
- Xue Bao, Xuenian Huang, Xuefeng Lu, Jian-jun Li* Improvement of hydrogen peroxide stability of Pleurotus eryngii versatile ligninolytic peroxidase by rational protein engineering. (2014) Enzyme and Microbial Technology, 54, 51-58.
- Liu Yang#, Zhi Zhu#, Weihua Wang, Xuefeng Lu*, Microbial recycling of glycerol to biodiesel. (2013) Bioresource Technology,150, 1-8
- Jingjing Zhang, Xuefeng Lu*, Jianjun Li*, Conversion of fatty aldehydes into alk(a/e)nes by in vitro reconstituted cyanobacterial aldehyde-deformylating oxygenase with the cognate electron transfer system.(2013) Biotechnology for Biofuels, 6:86.
- Aiqiu Liu, Xiaoming Tan, Lun Yao, Xuefeng Lu*, Fatty alcohol production in engineered E. coli expressing Marinobacter fatty acyl-CoA reductases .(2013) Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology 97:7061-7071.
- Fengxia Qi, Lun Yao, Xiaoming Tan, Xuefeng Lu*, Construction, characterization and application of molecular tools for metabolic engineering of Synechocystis PCC 6803.(2013) Biotechnology Letters 35:1655-1661.
- Aiqiu Liu, Tao Zhu, Xuefeng Lu*, Lirong Song, Hydrocarbon profiles and phylogenetic analyses of diversified cyanobacterial species.(2013) Applied Energy 111:383- 393.
- Wei Du, Feiyan Liang, Yangkai Duan, Xiaoming Tan, Xuefeng Lu*, Exploring the Photosynthetic Production Capacity of Sucrose by Cyanobacteria.(2013) Metabolic Engineering 2013. 19(0): p. 17-25.
- Weihua Wang, Xufeng Liu, Xuefeng Lu*, Engineering cyanobacteria to improve photosynthetic production of alka(e)nes.(2013) Biotechnology for Biofuels 6:69.
- Xiaoming Tan, Feiyan Liang, Ke Cai, Xuefeng Lu* Application of the FLP/FRT recombination system in cyanobacteria for construction of markerless mutants. (2013) Applied microbiology and biotechnology 2013. 97(14): p. 6373-82.
- Qianqian Gao, Xiaoming Tan, Xuefeng Lu* "Enzymatic and physiological characterization of fatty acid activation in Synechocystis sp. PCC6803." (2013) Journal of Basic Microbiology 53(10):848-855.
- Zhengxu Gao, Hui Zhao, Zhimin Li, Xiaoming Tan, Xuefeng Lu* "Photosynthetic production of ethanol from carbon dioxide in genetically engineered cyanobacteria" (2012) Energy & Environmental Science, 5(12): 9857-9865
- Xue Bao, Ai-qiu Liu, Xue-feng Lu and Jian-Jun Li* "Direct over-expression, characterization and H2O2 stability study of active Pleurotus eryngii versatile peroxidase in Escherichia coli." (2012) Biotechnology Letters, 34(8): 1537-1543
- Qianqian Gao, Weihua Wang, Hui Zhao, Xuefeng Lu* "Effects of fatty acid activation on photosynthetic production of fatty acid-based biofuels in Synechocystis sp. PCC6803." (2012) Biotechnology for Biofuels,5(1): 17.
- Xiaoming Tan, Weihua wang, Xuefeng Lu* "Production of photosynthetic biofuels by genetically engineering cyanobacteria." (2012) Current Chemical Biology, 13(2): 169-176.
- Wenna Guan*, Hui Zhao, Xuefeng Lu*, Cong Wang, Menglong Yang and Fali Bai "Quantitative analysis of fatty-acid-based biofuels produced by wild-type and genetically engineered cyanobacteria by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry." (2011) Journal of Chromatography A, 1218 (45), 8289-8293.
- Yangkai Duan, Zhi Zhu, Ke Cai, Xiaoming Tan,Xuefeng Lu* "De novo Biosynthesis of Biodiesel by Escherichia coli in Optimized Fed-Batch Cultivation. "(2011) PLoS ONE 6: e20265.
- Xiaoming Tan, Lun Yao, Qianqian Gao, Weihua Wang, Fengxia Qi, Xuefeng Lu* "Photosynthesis driven conversion of carbon dioxide to fatty alcohols and hydrocarbons in cyanobacteria."(2011) Metabolic Engineering. 13(2): 169- 176.
- Xuefeng Lu "A perspective: Photosynthetic production of fatty acid-based biofuels in genetically engineered cyanobacteria." (2010) Biotechnol Adv 28(6) 742-746.
From back to front and From left to right: Xiaoming Tan, Jianjun Li, Yangkai Duan, Weihua Wan, Tao Zhu, Xuefeng Lu, Dashuang Gao, Xufeng Liu, Wei Du, Xuenian Huang, Zhimin Li, Zhengxu Gao, Zhi Zhu, Lun Yao, Hui Zhao, Haocui Zhang, Jingjing Zhang, Wenjing You, Yanan Su, Fengxia Qi, Ming Wang, Qing Wang, Xiaoman Xie, Feiyan Liang, Na Wang, Yanli Zhang